Voice Prompts Explained and the Best Practices1.8 min read
Voice prompts are prerecorded scripts recorded in a human voice to “prompt” or guide callers to their desired destination or transaction. Voice prompts are how you greet your customers and what the caller, both inside and outside, will hear and follow.
Generally, PBX phone systems will have IVR systems, Music on Hold and Custom System prompts saying unavailable, busy, call transfer, try again, etc. These voice prompts help business to direct callers clearly and communicate effectively while building up a professional brand image.
Benefits of Using Voice Prompts
- A well-recorded human voice prompt guides callers to the desired destination and improves the communication experience for call.
- Customer can easily get what they want over the phone with the voice prompt and hence the increased customer satisfaction.
- Enhance the corporate image with clear and professional prompts and leave customers with a good impression of the company.
Best Practices for Voice Prompts
- Consider using voice prompts for circumstances like greetings (IVR), Music on Hold, and announcements to engage effectively with your customers.
- Create custom voice prompts for your business as the default prompts in your telephone system do not always speak for your needs. If you prefer to not use your own voice, professional voice recording companies are easy to find.
- Engage your callers with their language so they can understand the options and directions more easily.
- In an interactive voice response system, provide callers with no more than 3 menu levels and no more than 4 or 5 options in each menu.
With voice prompts explained, how can telephone system work out the best practices to really bring the benefits of voice prompts to business? Well, if you are using P-Series PBX System, S-Series VoIP PBX or Yeastar Cloud PBX, it will be extremely easy to follow the best practices.
Voice Prompts Selection
Yeastar Cloud PBX, P-Series PBX System, and S-Series VoIP PBX let you decide which prompt you want to play in various circumstances. Go to the Voice Prompt settings on the web-based user interface of Yeastar PBX system, you can select and customize your voice direction and greeting for call events like call forwarding, Busy line, Dial failure and Music on hold.
Custom Voice Prompts
Besides the default prompts, you can always upload your own pre-recorded prompt. And Yeastar Cloud PBX, P-Series PBX System,and S-Series VoIP PBX also allow users to record a custom prompt with an internal extension.
Go to Settings > PBX > Voice Prompts > Custom Prompts to record and upload custom prompts.
Multi-language System Voice Prompts
The voice prompts on Yeastar Cloud PBX, P-Series PBX System, and S-Series VoIP PBX are stored online and available in multiple languages including English, Spanish, French, Germany, and 27 more.
Users can download these prompts via the path: PBX web interface > Settings > Voice Prompts > System Prompts > Download Online Prompt.
Each extension user can also select their preferred system prompt language that is different from the system default.