Another major update for P-Series PBX System is here! Check out what’s new and what’s improved in this update.
- Boss-Secretary feature
- WebRTC Trunk
- SNMP support
- Rebound Missed Transferred Calls
- And more
Let’s dive into the details and see how they work!
This new feature is designed for busy executives to focus on work without interruptions from unwanted calls. It allows a designated user, the “secretary”, to screen both internal and external calls, for another designated user, the “boss”.
When a call comes in, the secretary will be the first to receive it and determines if it is necessary or appropriate to direct it to the boss. If so, he/she can put it on hold so the boss can resume it whenever it is convenient.
- The boss can enable/disable this feature with the predefined feature code.
- A boss can be served by more than one secretary in the same ring group. If the boss wants incoming calls to ring their own extension, they also need to stay in that ring group. The secretary extension can call the boss extension directly, and the boss extensions can also call each other.
- Calls answered by the secretary will be marked and displayed as missed calls in the boss’s call log, so the boss can easily know who’s calling in. Conversations before and after the boss resume the call will be saved as separate recordings, accessible only to the secretary and boss respectively.
The Boss-Secretary feature is particularly beneficial for businesses with hierarchical structures, high call volumes, or call screening needs, to enhance call prioritization and call handling efficiency.
Based on Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC) technology, this feature is designed to establish audio and video communication channels between devices directly through a web browser. It allows businesses to incorporate real-time communication capabilities into their websites without the need for additional plugins or software installations.
To implement this feature, you first need to create a WebRTC trunk within the P-Series management portal and then place the generated link on your website. This way, your website visitors can initiate FREE calls directly from their browsers by clicking on a “Contact Us” button or any interactive elements, without having to dial a phone number or download a separate app. The call will be routed to your P-Series PBX System through your predefined SIP trunk. Additionally, audio calls can be elevated to video chats to enhance customer experience and provide more personalized service.
The WebRTC Trunk feature is very helpful for customer support, sales, lead generation, and service-oriented businesses, as it enables them to promptly connect with customers and provide immediate assistance.
Please note that P-Series Appliance and Software Edition users need to enable the Yeastar-supplied domain name to use this feature.
SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) is a network management protocol that helps administrators monitor and control devices on a network, gather performance and utilization data information, and receive alerts when issues arise.
By connecting P-Series PBX System to a Network Management System (NMS) through SNMP, network administrators are able to query PBX information anytime, anywhere, and monitor PBX devices in real time.
In many cases, administrators have to manage multiple Yeastar PBXs, along with devices from different vendors and physical networks. SNMP simplifies the complex task by automatically monitoring these devices from a central console. It provides proactive notifications when there are failures or abnormal behaviors detected in specific applications so that administrators can quickly identify and address issues, improving overall network management efficiency.
Rebound Missed Transferred Calls
Imagine this: you transfer a customer call to your colleague, eagerly waiting for him/her to pick up and assist the customer. But unfortunately, no answer, or worse, the call gets disconnected. It’s a real bummer.
The Rebound Missed Transferred Calls feature help bounces such unanswered calls back to the original extensions to keep the conversation going. No more losing customers or leaving them frustrated.
Whether for businesses that get tons of calls and need to transfer them frequently or for those with multiple departments or extensions that handle different types of calls, this feature gives them more control and flexibility over how calls are routed and forwarded, so they can reduce the chance of missed and abandoned calls and make sure that every call is answered and handled properly.
- Added support for selecting codec for Linkus Mobile Client on PBX web portal.
- Added a “Send to” option for users to choose a mailbox for voicemail notifications.
- Added a “Last Day of Every Month” option for monthly call report schedules.
- Added a “Validity Period of the Download Link” option when scheduling call reports.
- Added Source filter in Call Logs.
- Added Time filter for Recordings.
- Added “Last Day of Every Month” options for monthly backup and reboot schedules.
- Added support for Portuguese (Brazilian) email template.
Are you excited to test out these new features? To access the latest version, simply log in to your P-Series Management Portal and check for the available updates. Sign up for a free trial if you’re new to the P-Series and experience all the benefits.