It’s been an exhilarating two months since we released our first cloud offering, Yeastar Cloud PBX. Thanks to all solid feedback, we are excited to announce that the much-anticipated new firmware update is available now. This update makes some significant strides toward easier management and optimal user experience with a host of new features, bug fixes and performance enhancement.
Here is an overview of the changes brought by Yeastar Cloud PBX — PBX Instance Firmware 126.96.36.199.
- Remote Management: Yeastar Remote Management is a robust centralized platform for easy management and configuration of your customer-premises regardless of your location. More about Remote Management, check out the Datasheet and User Manual here.
- API Interface: The added support for 3rd party applications integrating with the PBX via API greatly extend the functionality of a PBX. You can now develop your own customization to craft and ideal solution. More about API, check out the User Manual here.
- Easier Firmware Upgrade: Every time a new firmware is release, you can upgrade directly from the PBX interface.
- Improved the PBX security.
- Added the following settings on the SIP trunk page.
- P Asserted Identify
- Remote Party ID
- Inband Progress
- Enable/Disable “user=phone”
- Increased the range of Extension Users to 0~59999.
- Supported 30 Extension Groups.
- Supported Yealink phones that have MAC addresses that start with 805ec0.
- The PBX can store event logs and operation logs for a maximum of 15 days.
- Compatible with Ali Cloud SMTP.
- Extension users can dial feature code to switch the inbound route destination to “Other Time” destination.
- Supported displaying DID numbers in CDR.
- Optimized the Web interface.
And more. View the complete list of optimization here.
- The interconnection between two Yeastar Cloud PBXs would fail if TCP protocol was used.
- Fixed the compatibility issue with Yeastar TA gateway.
- Fixed the issue that recording custom prompt on the PBX web interface would fail.
- Fixed the voicemail prompt issue: the PBX didn’t play the customized prompt.
- Fixed the issue that the call of a TCP/TLS extension could not be disconnected properly.
- Fixed the issue that if two Yeastar Cloud PBX registered a VoIP trunk from the same provider, the PBX could not identify inbound calls correctly.
- Fixed the issue that video call could not work.
- Fixed the issue that the extension users failed to download CDR files on Web.
And more. View the complete list of bug fixes here.
As for Yeastar Cloud PBX — YMP Firmware 188.8.131.52:
- Added support for upgrading firmware in PBX.
- Added support for exporting PBX information.
- Optimized system logs.
- Optimized web interface.
- Optimized the email template of Alarms.
- Optimized the email template of PBX Information.
Please check for new update in your Cloud PBX web interface.