VoIP Innovations SIP Trunk Configuration Guide
How to configure VoIP Innovations SIP trunk with Yeastar S-Series VoIP PBX
Configure a SIP Trunk
1. Create an Account with VoIP Innovations
To start with, you need to have an account from VoIP Innovations. Please visit their website to get a SIP account: https://www.voipinnovations.com/
2. Add a SIP Trunk in S-Series VoIP PBX
After you get the SIP trunk account, you need to add a SIP trunk in Yeastar S-Series VoIP PBX.
Go to Settings > PBX > Trunks, click Add.
3. Configure the VoIP Innovations trunk
In the new window, select United States from the “Select Country” drop-down list and select VoIP Innovations from the “ITSP”.
- Name: give this SIP trunk a name to help you identify it.
- Protocol: SIP.
- Trunk Type: Peer Trunk.
- Transport: UDP.
- Caller ID Number: your VoIP Innovations Account DID number.
4. Check the Trunk Status
Click Save and Apply. Go to PBX Monitor to check if the SIP trunk is connected successfully as the screenshot below shows.
Request the Tech Prefix Option from VoIP Innovations
1. After creating the SIP trunk in our PBX, please open a ticket to VoIP Innovations before creating endpoints onto them. Ask them to open the tech prefix option for your endpoints. It is hidden now.
2. When the VoIP Innovations engineer passes your request, you will see that option appears. Fill in our server public IP address, port and unique tech prefix to create your endpoint on them.
3. That tech prefix is an identity for VoIP Innovations to match different accounts or endpoints coming from the same public source IP. So please send out that prefix before your dialed number. You can set it in prepend in your outbound route.
Configure the Outbound Route with VoIP Innovations Trunk
To make outbound calls via the newly created SIP trunk, you need to configure an outbound route for the trunk.
1. Create an Outbound Route
Go to Settings > PBX > Call Control > Outbound Routes, click Add.
2. Configure the Outbound Route
The system compares the number with the pattern that you have defined in your route 1. If it matches, it will initiate the call using the selected trunks. If it does not, it will compare the number with the pattern you have defined in route 2 and so on. The outbound route which is in a higher position will be matched firstly.
You can adjust the outbound route sequence by clicking these buttons
- Route Name: give this outbound route a name to help you identify it.
- Dial Patterns: set the dial patterns. As the settings below, to make calls via the SIP trunk, you need to precede the number to be dialed with the same tech prefix as that in your VoIP Innovations endpoint. Here we take 8 as a example.
- Dial Pattern: 8.
- Strip: 1
- Member Extensions: select the extensions that are allowed to make calls through the outbound route.
- Member Trunks: select the VoIP Innovations trunk.
3. Click Save and Apply
Now you can make outbound calls through the VoIP Innovations trunk. As the dial patterns configured above, you need to dial “8” before the destination number.
For example, to call the number “101234567”, you need to dial “8101234567” on your phone.
Configure the Inbound Route with VoIP Innovations Trunk
To specify how calls from the VoIP Innovations trunk should be routed, you need to configure an inbound route for the SIP trunk.
1. Create an Inbound Route
Go to Settings > PBX > Call Control > Inbound Routes, click Add.
2. Configure the Inbound Route
- Name: give this inbound route a name to help you identify it.
- Member Trunks: choose the VoIP Innovations trunk.
- Destination: select the destination where the incoming calls will be routed.
3. Click Save and Apply
When you call in the SIP trunk, the call will be routed to the destination configured on the inbound route.