VoIP Unlimited SIP Trunk Configuration Guide
How to configure VoIP Unlimited SIP trunk with Yeastar Cloud PBX
About VoIP Unlimited
Established in 2006, Voip Unlimited is a UK based Internet Telephony Service Provider (ITSP). Voip Unlimited specialise in voice communications over IP and business data solutions, delivered over its privately owned reliable network designed specifically for voice and without compromise.
Configure a SIP Trunk
1. Create an Account with VoIP Unlimited
To start with, you need to have an account from VoIP Unlimited. Please visit their website to get a SIP account: https://voip-unlimited.net/
2. Add a SIP Trunk in Cloud PBX
After you get the SIP trunk account, you need to add a SIP trunk in Yeastar Cloud PBX.
Go to Settings > PBX > Trunks, click Add.
3. Configure the VoIP Unlimited trunk
In the new window, select United Kingdom from the “Select Country” drop-down list and select VoIP Unlimited from the “ITSP”.
- Name: give this SIP trunk a name to help you identify it.
- Protocol: SIP.
- Trunk Type: Register Trunk.
- Transport: UDP.
- Username: your VoIP Unlimited Account username.
- Authentication Name: the same as the username.
- From User: the same as the user name.
- Password: your VoIP Unlimited Account password.
- Caller ID Number: your VoIP Unlimited Account DID number.
4. Check the Trunk Status
Click Save and Apply. Go to PBX Monitor to check if the SIP trunk is connected successfully as the screenshot below shows.
Configure the Outbound Route with VoIP Unlimited Trunk
To make outbound calls via the newly created SIP trunk, you need to configure an outbound route for the trunk.
1. Create an Outbound Route
Go to Settings > PBX > Call Control > Outbound Routes, click Add.
2. Configure the Outbound Route
The system compares the number with the pattern that you have defined in your route 1. If it matches, it will initiate the call using the selected trunks. If it does not, it will compare the number with the pattern you have defined in route 2 and so on. The outbound route which is in a higher position will be matched firstly.
You can adjust the outbound route sequence by clicking these buttons
- Route Name: give this outbound route a name to help you identify it.
- Dial Patterns: set the dial patterns. As the settings below, to make calls via the SIP trunk, you need to precede the number to be dialed with the prefix 8.
- Dial Pattern: 8.
- Strip: 1
- Member Extensions: select the extensions that are allowed to make calls through the outbound route.
- Member Trunks: select the VoIP Unlimited trunk.
3. Click Save and Apply
Now you can make outbound calls through the VoIP Unlimited trunk. As the dial patterns configured above, you need to dial “8” before the destination number.
For example, to call the number “4401234567”, you need to dial “84401234567” on your phone.
Configure the Inbound Route with VoIP Unlimited Trunk
To specify how calls from the VoIP Unlimited trunk should be routed, you need to configure an inbound route for the SIP trunk.
1. Create an Inbound Route
Go to Settings > PBX > Call Control > Inbound Routes, click Add.
2. Configure the Inbound Route
- Name: give this inbound route a name to help you identify it.
- Member Trunks: choose the VoIP Unlimited trunk.
- Destination: select the destination where the incoming calls will be routed.
3. Click Save and Apply
When you call in the SIP trunk, the call will be routed to the destination configured on the inbound route.