Evolution Service SIP Trunk Configuration Guide
How to configure Evolution Service SIP trunk with Yeastar S-Series VoIP PBX
Configure a SIP Trunk
1. Create an Account with Evolution Service
To start with, you need to have an account from Evolution Service. Please visit their website to get a SIP account: www.evolutionservice.it.
2. Add a SIP Trunk in S-Series VoIP PBX
After you get the SIP trunk account, you need to add a SIP trunk in Yeastar S-Series VoIP PBX.
Go to Settings > PBX > Trunks, click Add.
3. Configure the Evolution Service trunk
In the new window, select Italy from the “Select Country” drop-down list and select Evolution Service from the “ITSP”.
- Name: give this SIP trunk a name to help you identify it.
- Protocol: SIP.
- Trunk Type: Register Trunk.
- Transport: UDP.
- Username: your Evolution Service Account username.
- Authentication Name: the same as the username.
- From User: the same as the user name.
- Password: your Evolution Service Account password.
- Caller ID Number: your Evolution Service Account DID number.
4. Check the Trunk Status
Click Save and Apply. Go to PBX Monitor to check if the SIP trunk is connected successfully as the screenshot below shows.
Configure the Outbound Route with Evolution Service Trunk
To make outbound calls via the newly created SIP trunk, you need to configure an outbound route for the trunk.
1. Create an Outbound Route
Go to Settings > PBX > Call Control > Outbound Routes, click Add.
2. Configure the Outbound Route
The system compares the number with the pattern that you have defined in your route 1. If it matches, it will initiate the call using the selected trunks. If it does not, it will compare the number with the pattern you have defined in route 2 and so on. The outbound route which is in a higher position will be matched firstly.
You can adjust the outbound route sequence by clicking these buttons
- Route Name: give this outbound route a name to help you identify it.
- Dial Patterns: set the dial patterns. As the settings below, to make calls via the SIP trunk, you need to precede the number to be dialed with the prefix 8.
- Dial Pattern: 8.
- Strip: 1
- Member Extensions: select the extensions that are allowed to make calls through the outbound route.
- Member Trunks: select the Evolution Service trunk.
3. Click Save and Apply
Now you can make outbound calls through the Evolution Service trunk. As the dial patterns configured above, you need to dial “8” before the destination number.
For example, to call the number “3901234567”, you need to dial “83901234567” on your phone.
Configure the Inbound Route with Evolution Service Trunk
To specify how calls from the Evolution Service trunk should be routed, you need to configure an inbound route for the SIP trunk.
1. Create an Inbound Route
Go to Settings > PBX > Call Control > Inbound Routes, click Add.
2. Configure the Inbound Route
- Name: give this inbound route a name to help you identify it.
- Member Trunks: choose the Evolution Service trunk.
- Destination: select the destination where the incoming calls will be routed.
3. Click Save and Apply
When you call in the SIP trunk, the call will be routed to the destination configured on the inbound route.