S-Series VoIP PBX FAQ
Find answers to the most commonly asked questions about S-Series VoIP PBX.
Q1. What is the default IP of S-Series VoIP PBX?
A. The default IP of S-Series VoIP PBX is 192.168.5.150.
Q2. What is the default username and password of the administrator account in S-Series VoIP PBX?
A. The default administrator account in S-Series VoIP PBX is “admin” and “password”. And for better security, we highly suggest that you change the default password after your first login.
Q3. How to change the password of the administrator account?
A. Please click and go to “My Settings” and change the password after you log in the Web GUI.
Q4. How to log in the Extension User Web Interface?
A. Input the PBX’s IP address and use the username and password to login. The username and default password are “extension number (e.g. 1000)” and “pass + extension number (e.g. pss1000)”.
We highly suggest that you change the default password in extension edit page after your first login.
Q5. How to change the default password of the user account?
A. Go to Settings → PBX → Extensions and change the “User Password” in the extension edit page.
Q6. What can I do if I forgot my password?
A. You could click “Forgot Password?” on the login page to reset your password.
The prerequisites for this feature are:
- The account is tied to an email address. If you are the administrator, you can configure by clicking and “My Settings”.If you are an extension user, you can log in the Extension User Web Interface and go to “Me” to tie an email to this account.
- You have already configured the correct email settings and sent the test email successfully. Go to Settings→ System→ Email and input the email address, password, SMTP, POP3, ports and also tick “enable SSL/TLS” if needed.Now let’s see how to reset the password.1. Click “Forgot Password?” in the login page.
2. Input the username (extension number) and the system will send an email to your email box which is tied to the account.
3. Click the link in the email inbox to reset the password. Please note that the link is only valid in the local area network within 30 minutes.
4. Input a new password and retype the new password.
Q1. How to change the extension range?
A. Go to Settings→ General→ Preferences and configure it in the “User Extensions”.
Q2. How to add an FXS extension?
A. Go to Settings→ PBX→ Extensions, click “add” in the extension edit page.
Tick “FXS” in “type” and choose the FXS span port.
- Extensions on S-Series VOIP PBX can be “SIP”, “IAX” and “FXS” at the same time.
- If the extension has ticked “FXS”, you must assign an FXS port for the extension. If the FXS port in the drop-down list is RED, it means the FXS port is being used and you cannot choose this port. If the port is BLACK, it means the port is idle.
Q3. How to register an IP phone or softphone to S-Series VoIP PBX?
A. S-Series VoIP PBX have passed compatibility test with lots of IP phone brands, such as Yealink, Grandstream, Cisco, Polycom, Snom, etc.
The detailed configuration manual can be found here: http://www.yeastar.com/auto-provisioning-on-the-yeastar-s-series-voip-pbx/#phonesupported.
Q4. How to register a remote extension?
A. 1. Make port mapping for communication ports of PBX on router. The default ports are:
UDP (SIP): 5060
UDP (RTP): 10000-12000
2. Go to Settings →PBX→General→SIP→NAT. If you use static IP for S-Series VoIP PBX, please select “External IP Address” on “NAT settings” and input the public IP address of S-Series VoIP PBX. If you use dynamic IP for PBX, please input the domain in “External Host” field on the NAT settings page.
3. Go to Settings→ PBX→ Extensions. Choose the extension that needs to be registered remotely, click . Select “Advanced” page, enable “NAT” and “Register Remotely”.
4. Register to this extension configured.
For more configuration details please refer to this link: https://support.yeastar.com/hc/en-us/articles/229524467-Configuring-Remote-Extensions
Q5. What is mobility extension? How to configure it?
A. Mobility extension is used to bind mobile number with an extension, so this mobile number will have the corresponding extension’s call privilege, such as: make internal calls, make outgoing calls, and play voicemail unread, etc. When the user uses this mobile number to call into S-Series VoIP PBX, the PBX will treat it as the corresponding extension, and he/she will hear the dial tone.
To configure mobility extension, follow the steps below.
- Click Settings → PBX → Extensions, go to extension edit page. Click “Edit”.
- Bind a mobile phone number in “Mobile Number” in “Basic” tab.
- Click “Features”, and go to “Mobility Extension” settings. If you enable mobility extension, when the mobile number configured calls into S-Series VoIP PBX, it can act like this extension number, such as: make internal calls, make outgoing calls, and play voicemail unread, etc. If you enable Ring Simultaneously, the extension and the mobile phone will ring simultaneously.
Please note that you must configure the specific prefix to make sure S-Series VoIP PBX can reach this mobile number according to the outbound route.
- When a mobility extension makes an internal call, the caller ID presented on the called party’s screen will be the extension number instead of the mobile number.
- The telephony line/trunk must have caller ID feature. Since PBX recognizes mobile number according to the caller ID detected.
- Mobility extension feature can’t take effect if administrator has enabled call back feature in inbound routings.
Q6. What’s SIP forking in S-Series VoIP PBX? How to configure it?
A. SIP forking is a feature that enables an extension number to be registered by multiple SIP terminals simultaneously; and the amount of terminals can be 5 at most.
Click Settings → Add/Edit Extension, and modify Concurrent Registrations.
Q7. How to select the extensions as a group in S-Series VoIP PBX?
A. In S-Series VoIP PBX there is a feature called “Extension Group”. We could custom the extension group by adding the extensions you want to this group and name it.
Here’s how to configure the extension group:
- Go to Settings → PBX → Extension Group, click “Add” in the extension list page.
- Create an extension group, input the name of the group and choose the extensions to the selected box.
- After creating the extension group, you could choose the extension group into the selected box on the extension edit page instead of choosing extensions one by one. For example, when you create a queue, you could select an extension group.
Q1. How to register a VOIP trunk in S-Series VoIP PBX?
A. 1. Go to Settings → PBX → Trunk, Click to add a VoIP trunk.
2. Select protocol and trunk type.
3. Input the VoIP information which is provided by the ISP. For example:
Provider Name: Chinamobile
Hostname/IP: the registration IP given by the ISP (e.g. 188.8.131.52)
Domain: The domain server given by ISP (e.g. ims.fj.chinamobile.com)
Username: the username given by ISP (e.g. email@example.com )
Password: the account password given by the ISP
From user: the trunk number given by the ISP (e.g. +86592111111)
4.For more details please refer to S-Series VoIP PBX Administrator Guide.
About Call Control
Q1. How to configure the outbound routes in S-Series VoIP PBX?
- Go to PBX Monitor → Trunk to check the status of the trunk and make sure the trunk is available to use.
- Go to Settings → PBX → Call Control → Outbound Routes, click in the outbound routes list page.
- Fill in the details in the edit page and save. For example, you could configure the outbound routes as follows if you want 1000, 1005 and 1006 to use FXO1-7 to dial out.
For more details, please refer to the S-Series VoIP PBX Administrator Guide.
Q2. How to configure the inbound routes in S-Series VoIP PBX?
- Go to Settings → PBX → Call Control → Inbound Routes, click in the inbound routes list page.
- In the inbound routes edit page, you should select the trunk to the selected box and choose the destination to direct the call. The time condition can be set up in order to direct the call according to time periods. The example is shown as follows. For more details, please refer to S-Series VoIP PBX Administrator Guide.
Q3. How to guide your incoming calls to the different destinations in different time periods with Time Condition?
- Go to PBX → Call Control → Time Conditions, and add the conditions or the holiday if you need.
- Go to Settings → PBX → Call Control → Inbound Routes, click to edit on the inbound routes list page.
- Tick “Enable Time Condition” and click , add the time condition and set up the destination. The period which doesn`t match the time condition you create will lead to destination in “[other time]”.
Q4. How to override the time condition and how to cancel the override?
A. 1. Check the feature code on the inbound routes edit page. There are three feature codes in the following picture: “*801”, “*802” and “*800.” “*800” is used to cancel the override and reset the destination to the origin status.
2. Use the extension to press the feature code like “*801” to override the Time Condition “Workday”.
3. The overwritten Time Condition will have a check mark sign before it.
4. If you want to cancel the override and lead calls to the original destinations you have set up, you could use the extension to press the Reset feature code, like “*800” in the example.
Q5. What is AutoCLIP? How to use it?
S-Series VoIP PBX will automatically record outgoing calls into the AutoCLIP route list. When the called party calls back, the system will lead the call to the extension which dialed this number recently.
To set up AutoCLIP:
- Go to Settings → PBX → Call Control → AutoCLIP Routes, and open the AutoCLIP configuration page.
- The fields in the AutoCLIP:
Record Keep Time: how long each record will be kept in the AutoCLIP List.
Digits Match: how many digits from the last digit of the incoming phone number will be used to match the AutoCLIP record.
Member trunks: AutoCLIP Route will apply to which trunk and which trunk`s record will be kept in the list.
Q6. Where to see the AutoCLIP record list?
A. Go to Settings → PBX → Call Control → AutoCLIP Route, click “View AutoCLIP List” to check the information.
Q1. Why am I hearing a beep sound before the dial tone when my phone is off hook?
A. That is because you have unread voicemails, please dial “*2” to listen to it. There will be no beep sound again if all the voicemails are read.
About Call Feature
Q1. How to use whitelist/blacklist feature in S-Series VoIP PBX?
A. The blacklist is used to filter the number. If a number is in the blacklist, the user will not be able to dial out or dial in. The whitelist is used to put the number in the trust field.
- You can input numbers with patterns in blacklist/whitelist.
E.g. if you want to restrict the number starting with 0592 from being dialed, but allow calling the number range of 05925503301-05925503309, you could put “0592550330z” in the whitelist and “0592” in the blacklist.
- Whitelist has higher priority than blacklist.
About Voice Prompts
Q1. How to change system prompt in S-Series VoIP PBX?
A. S-Series VoIP PBX allows two ways to modify the system prompt: update manually or download online prompt.
- Go to Settings → PBX → Voice Prompts→ System Prompt
- Browse a local “.tar” file and click “Upload”
- You could download the system prompt file in the links below
Download online prompt:
Go to Settings → PBX → Voice Prompts → System Prompt
Click “Download Online Prompt” and choose the prompt you want.
Q1. Why does the new change on the S-Series VoIP PBX configuration not take effect?
A. Please click “Apply” on the upper-right corner of the page if you want to save the modified configuration. It will take 1-2 seconds to make it work.
Q2. How many Ethernet modes do S-Series VoIP PBX have? And what is the difference?
A. S-Series VoIP PBX supports three Ethernet modes: Single, Dual and Bridge.
Single: only use LAN port, WAN port will not be in use.
Dual: the two ports are being used. But it is necessary to choose the default interface on Network configuration page.
Bridge: LAN port will be used for uplink connection. WAN port will be used as bridge for PC connection.
Q3. Why do we need to configure the default interface when the Ethernet mode is “Dual”?
A. When the Ethernet mode is dual, all the communication packet will go through the default interface except for the routes in the “Static Route”.
Q4. How can the administrator assign permission to the extension?
- Go to Settings → System → User Permission, click on user permission list page.
- Tick the check box before the permission you want to assign.
Q5. When Call Recording is enabled, how to notify the called party that the call will be recorded?
- Go to Settings → PBX → Recording,
- Set up “Internal Calls Being Recorded Prompt” and “Outbound/Inbound Calls Being Recorded Prompt”, click “Save”.